The Key to your New Home
Search for Real Estate in and around Comox Valley
Welcome home in beautiful Cumberland. This end unit in Steam Engine Estates has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. This spacious open-concept kitchen, dining, and living room allows space for the whole family. A 2 piece half-bath and master bedroom with walk-in closet and 3 piece en-suite with heated floors finish off the main floor. Upstairs you will find two large bedrooms and full bathroom. Brand new hot water tank...
A touch of Tuscany located in Downtown Courtenay. A wonderful cafe that also serves wholesome soups, sandwiches, and fresh baked goods. Fully equipped kitchen with excellent equipment including commercial convection oven and dish sanitizer. Cardero's has been in business for 24 years. This is a great business opportunity offering a turnkey, well established business with a great reputation of customer service...
Welcome Home in this Bright and Updated 3 bedroom and 2.5 bath half duplex with large backyard. Walk into your new living room with ease into plenty of natural light. The open concept kitchen and dining room features new cabinets, new island, built-in pantry, new countertops, and backsplash. The kitchen overlooks the large fully fenced backyard with a privacy pergola where you can watch the kids run around or...
Private end unit in the ever popular Trumpeter's Ridge. A very special 2 bedroom townhouse with garage in Valley View Heights. This special home has bedrooms up and living on main. A massive master bedroom that includes 2 W/I closets and ensuite access to the 4 piece bathroom. Upgrades include modern laminate flooring throughout the main floor and in the second bedroom upstairs. Unit has fresh paint and moder...Listed by Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
Offering 175 acres of land over two adjacent lots that are bursting with potential. Lot 10 measures 105.6 acres (MLS#466268), and Lot A beside is 76.73 acres (MLS#466269)- Buy one or both lots. Bring your dream home ideas and build your own rural paradise! With easy to access off the Island Highway, and Qualicum Beach and Spider Lake Provincial Park only minutes away, you'll love the recreational activities t...Listed by Royal LePage Nanaimo Realty (NanIsHwyN)
Right by the Park! Great 3 Bedroom and 2 bathroom townhouse located right downtown and across the street from the Courtenay River. This a very convenient location. Easily within walking distance to all the amenities yet still on a quiet avenue perched along the beautiful river. The complex has been recently updated with new Eaves, HardiPlank siding, Windows, and Roof. The interior of the unit has also been ex...Listed by Royal LePage-Comox Valley (CV)
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015