The Key to your New Home
Search for Real Estate in and around Comox Valley
Welcome to Country Living minutes from Downtown Courtenay. This large family home has 5 bedrooms with 4 full bathrooms. A lot of room for the whole family on 3 floors. The main floor offers a brand new kitchen with lots of counter space, a custom island, and plenty of cupboards. Off the kitchen is a dining area, laundry/mud room and a full bath. The 5th bedroom and cozy living room finishes off the main floor...
Find your peaceful place in this beautiful updated 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom rancher in Fanny Bay. Walking distance to the ocean and the historic Fanny Bay Inn, this 1374 square foot home sits on .4 of an acre and has a large living space, spacious kitchen and a bonus family room. You will also find a large 513 square foot shop for all your toys, the wrap around driveway has added room for the RV or boat. The zon...
This 3 bedroom, 3 bath home is well maintained and ready for you to make it your own! You will appreciate the neutral theme throughout. The main level hosts the kitchen that opens to the dining and living room that has a cozy fireplace for those cold nights! Along with a 2 piece bath, an office/den, and laundry room. The upper level hosts a large master bedroom with a full ensuite, plus two more bedrooms and ...Listed by RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty
Well maintained 3 bed/3 bath home on large .21 acre lot on quiet Comox cul-de-sac! Family friendly floorplan offers spacious living and dining room with vaulted ceilings and French doors out to large covered patio for year round enjoyment. Eat-in kitchen with loads of maple shaker cabinets, pantry, island with eat-up breakfast bar and stainless steel appliances including 2 year old induction stove. Convenient...Listed by RE/MAX OCEAN PACIFIC REALTY (CX)
Welcome to "The Lookout" This like new condominium was beautifully custom built by Crowne Pacific Developments, the quality provided is exceptional. This gorgeous floor end unit offers a huge concrete patio. From inside the unit you'll appreciate the natural light provided by the floor to ceiling windows. Enjoy the luxury of having beautiful quartz counters throughout along with 2 bedrooms, a den and 2 full b...Listed by ROYAL LEPAGE ADVANCE REALTY
Welcome home in beautiful Cumberland. This end unit in Steam Engine Estates has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. This spacious open-concept kitchen, dining, and living room allows space for the whole family. A 2 piece half-bath and master bedroom with walk-in closet and 3 piece en-suite with heated floors finish off the main floor. Upstairs you will find two large bedrooms and full bathroom. Brand new hot water tank...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015